Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Illusive Comet ISON


I've waited almost a full year to see Comet ISON, and it looks like it may not happen this year.   It is pretty much lost to the sun now, but I may get a chance to see it if it makes it around without breaking apart.   The picture you see here on the left is NOT MINE.






I just assumed that I would be able to go out at night, sometime during the night, and see the great comet ISON.  I couldn't be more wrong.  The only time it was visible in my area (Vandalia, Ohio, Eastern USA) was right before dawn.  I went out twice right before the sun would wash out the sky, and could not find the illusive iceball. My visible sky starts about 30 degrees up, which is where trees and houses stop.  I had to get to work and get the kids off to school, so I could only scan for ten minutes or so.

  With any luck I might get a glimpse if ISON makes it way back around the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment